Last Updated: May 23, 2023
Information We Collect
We collect both personal information you provide to Mavan, and technical information we gather automatically through the use of our site.
When you apply for employment or submit an inquiry through our website, we may collect personal information that identifies you or relates to you as an individual. This personal information may include:
- email address
- mailing address
- telephone number
- social media handle
- Payment information
In addition to personal information, we may collect technical information when you visit our website. This technical information does not directly reveal your specific identity and may include:
- usage details
- internet service provider
- IP address
- browser information
How We Use the Information We Collect
Mavan may use the information we collect to:
- respond to your inquiries;
- accept your application or related submissions for employment consideration;
- send you service information or administrative announcements related to our website or Mavan;
- administer, manage or improve our website, blogs or other applications;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- protect our rights or the rights of others;
- comply with legal obligations or respond to lawful inquiries from governmental authorities; or
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect information or upon your consent.
With Whom We Share Information
We may share the personal or technical information you provide to us:
- with third-party vendors, contractors or other service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf;
- as we believe appropriate to enforce the terms of this policy, or as necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Mavan, our customers, or the public as required or permitted by law;
- with third-parties as part of a reorganization, merger, acquisition or other business or corporate purchase or sale transaction; or
- as required to comply with laws, regulations, subpoenas, legal process or requests from public or government authorities.
We also contract with certain vendors to assist us in providing services to our customers. These vendors use the Personal Information that you submit to us in order to perform the following tasks:
- processing your application for employment or contractor services;
- Improving our Website and related content and features;
- Improving your customer experience;
- Storing and “backing up” our customer records.
Other than as set forth above, Mavan does not share, sell or otherwise disclose personal or technical information to third-parties. Mavan requires third-party service providers to comply with strict data privacy and security requirements, and we prohibit these third-parties from using the information they receive from us for any other purpose. Mavan does not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes.
You have the right:
- to confirm whether Mavan is using or storing your personal information;
- if you discover that the information we have about you is incorrect or inaccurate, to request that we correct or update it; and
- to restrict or limit how we use our information, for example by requesting that we no longer use your information for marketing purposes or for specific types of marketing messages.
Residents of California are permitted under California Civil Code §1798.83 to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third-parties for those third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. As noted above, Mavan does not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Do Not Track
Many browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals. Nevertheless, certain browsers allow you to access the web without triggering tracking technology, if you choose to use those features.
We use reasonable technical, organizational and administrative measures to protect the security of the personal information we collect. No data storage or method of data transmission, however, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us over the Internet.
Mavan is not responsible for the privacy, information or data security policies or practices of third-parties, including third-parties operating any site linked from our website. The inclusion of a link on our website does not imply any endorsement of the linked site by Mavan.
Data Processing and Storage
Mavan is a Untied States talent services business located in California. If you are located outside the United States, please be aware that we will process any information you provide to us in the United States. If you are a citizen or resident of a member state in the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EAA), you may also have additional rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please review our GDPR privacy statement located here: [link to GDPR statement.]
Mavan retains your information for the period necessary to achieve the purposes described in this Policy, unless you tell us you no longer wish to receive communications from us or a longer period is required by law.
Our website, blogs, mobile sites and applications are intended for a general audience and not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect information online from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not submit any personal information to us. By using this site, you represent that you are an adult based on the age of majority in your place of residence.
101 Jefferson Dr 1st Floor, Menlo Park, CA 94025